True strenght


This outfit has been long overdue, for my blog. This outfit i created for my Supreme talent competition and in some way is the one i loved the most.. With this outfit i had the chance to think outside the box and still stay true  to the person i was representing. In this case Frida Khalo, one of the best known female painter. she had this inner strength and brutal attitude towards pain, where she wasn't afraid to show it. I chose one of Frida's most famous works, The Two Fridas, where in The paintings shows two versions of the artist sitting side by side, with both of their hearts exposed. One Frida is dressed nearly all in white and has a damaged heart and spots of blood on her clothing. The other wears bold colored clothing and has an intact heart. These figures are believed to represent “unloved” and “loved” versions of Kahlo.. The chosen unloved side unlike many other of her painting is a pain and a feeling many people can relate to and had felt it  at one time in their life. A famous quote from Frida  about herself and everything she endured and experienced is;


At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.


FRIDAk


Style me:


This is just a simple picture to remind me  of this outfit I really enjoyed recreating. I might add the style card after :)


Disclaimer: I  will not be adding all of the links used combined with the featuring items, but feel free to search the names for the rest of the clothing  if desired or send me a message asking about it.


 


 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

MONOGRAM

Flickr Photostream

Bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Total Pageviews

Followers